BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Thursday, June 15, 2023

FLYFISHING SOME OLD COLORADO FAVORITES AND A GOPRO MOUNTAIN GAMES WEEK RECAP FROM VAIL, COLORADO

I'm struggling to stay on top of videos on my The Forgotten Angler YouTube channel, Frankly, it's a lot of work and time that I find is barely worth the return and I struggle with sharing all the local knowledge and secrets that I have gathered over the last 18 months from some very talented and good local anglers. There are SO MANY YouTubers here in the panhandle of Florida jockeying for the same space in the Social Media world as well as looking to make a couple of bucks off of their channels and EVERYTHING is over sensationalized to try and gain as many clicks as possible on these often repetitive video themes that rarely live up to expectations. This is one of the reasons I'm going back to old school blogging, I find that actually reading something is a much better platform than over sensationalized videos of people doing what a million other people are doing. What these content creators do not understand is that they are going to blow up their own world in a hurry, because more is NOT better when you have a piece of limited real estate to enjoy for your own pleasure. Make no mistake about it, ALL of these people say they want to help you catch more fish, but there is a bottom line here, they are trying to gain as many followers as possible attempting to make money off of your curiosity and sell you stuff, whether it is for their own benefit or the benefit of someone who is "taking care of them" on the backside. Buyer beware, there is a ton of stuff out there people are trying to sell you that you simply do not need. Do your research and due diligence and figure out what will work best for you. Catching fish is not terribly complicated. Personally, I've learned a fair amount from many of these outlets, but it is all stuff you can find out from your local tackle and bait or fly shops, which is what I recommend you do. Support your regional shops the best you can, the internet provides plenty of old inventory deals, but you won't get the service that comes with a local purchase. With all of this said, here is another pile of you know what video from my trip to Colorado last week to work. It was a week filled with so many hugs from old friends as I wrapped up my announcing career at the GoPro Mountain games. The Vail Daily did a very flattering article on my path to and through my career which you can find by clicking HERE. I fished many of my old favorite spots, visited and stayed with some very old and good friends, and was super excited to be back in Colorado for the Denver Nuggets claim to the World Championship as a long time Nuggets fan. It was a great week.

Questions or comments? Keep them respectful below and we can have a discussion. Tight lines to you all.....




No comments:

Post a Comment