BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

THE TURNER SULTAN, FULL SQUISH 29ER, 120MM OF TRAVEL, WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE?

It's time to jump on a Turner today and tomorrow at the Mountain Pedaler in Eagle, Colorado as Thane from Turner Bikes has shown up with a full size run of Flux and Sultans for your stomping pleasure. So he hooks me with a size large Sultan in this killer "acid wash" kind of color frame, raw but way cool. It comes all Deore XT'd up with Stans rims and BIG OL fat Kenda Nevigal big ol nob tires. I have him set it up "super squish" cause I like to feel full suspension when I ride it. Fox 32 Fork with Fox Float RP23 for rear squish.
Thane with the full line up...
Pretty sure this machine could be mistaken for a Lincoln Town Car with handlebars that eats up EVERYTHING in it's path, everything.

DW Linkage, whut obstacles? It aint carbon, and I like that on mountain bikes.. The Sultan is THE RIDE if you are looking to ride and are not worried about being a gram shaving weenie. She weighs in at just under 30lbs. with this build package, but brotha, after riding my hard tail, 80mm travel bike for the last 1.5 years, this thing was SIKK. WARNING, DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME LOOKING FOR THE CLEANEST LINE IN "THE SHIT". Just point the Sultan where you want to go (straight down) and ride it, you will eat up everything in your path like Minar. Now that I'm pretty much done ever being concerned with training to race and have concentrated on just having fun, I can't think of a better fit for myself for my trail bike, I just need to find a bag of money to buy one. With 120mm of travel front and back this bike is frighteningly easy to ride and crush on, you will feel like a rockstar upon completion of every ride. The Sultan also climbs and corners like a champ, you gotta ride it to understand what I'm talking about, check it Friday in Eagle and blow yourself away. 29 inch wheels + 120mm of travel + DW link + bomber frame = perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment