BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Saturday, June 12, 2010

ENGLAND'S ROBERT GREEN IS AN INSTANT HERO....GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL

Look, most of you know I have no true value for the sport of soccer, but since A2B has such a worldly and loyal following I thought it fit to put up at least one post about the FIFA World Cup. Today was the day American's long awaited, an Englishmen finally tipped, something we thought we would never see in our lifetimes, and he tipped America. England's Robert Green became an instant hero in the good ol USA today when he tipped a soccer ball into his own net giving the USA a tie in their World Cup match today. I'll go out on a limb and say the Oven Mitts he had on had something to do with not being able to control the ball, he'd have been better off with one of those Sumi Wrestling suits on. I did not watch the game (all though I saw the vij highlight of the goal on a "Faces of Death" highlight on the eve news), and I'm pretty sure I will not watch one World Cup game, as I have a strong feeling that the score in every single game will be either 0-0, 1-0, 0-1 or 1-1. You can tell me who wins the game and I'll reply "fantastic!". I fully understand my ignorance of this amazing spectacle of sport, but I can live with that. I do understand why that one announcer dude screems GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL so long when a goal happens to be scored, it's because he only gets to say it about once every three games. In the meantime, I think it's wonderful that Robert Green got the USA off to a grand start in the World Cup today, he will sleep very well tonight indeed...Let me know how the rest of the contests go.
By the way England, perhaps try having your Goalie use these on his hamds, they absorb everything.

In the meantime, pro road cycling has me wanting to stick my finger down my throat and puke, however today's ride at the Dauphine should be noted by Tour fans....how about this Slovak kid?

No comments:

Post a Comment