BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Friday, January 13, 2012

MASTER'S CX CYCLOCROSS WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS, REALLY?

 Look, I'm not trying to downplay the fact that the USA actually was presented with the opportunity to host the Master's Cyclocross World Championships this weekend in Kentucky of all places, but have you looked at the field distributions? It appears that roughly 99% of the riders are from the USA and Canada, um, I find this a rather poor turn out from the Euro Bubble. Imagine that, they should have made it a Cross Cup race then everyone and their brother would have shown up. I'm not trying to step on muddy toes and piss everyone off, which for some is inevitable, but to see NO ONE representing the WORLD is pretty sad. With that said, I'd love to be there, but like the rest of my masters friends, there is no way in hell I can afford the trip. Cheers USA, it looks like a lock for you in most of the categories.

With any luck at all, your gear was transported to Kentucky for the Master's World Cyclocross Championships this weekend.
 A couple of photos from Steve Tilford's Blog below, the course is virtually un ride-able in 10-12 sections. Which of course is perfect. I'd prefer not to hear CX racers complain about course conditions, if you know what I'm saying. 


No comments:

Post a Comment