BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Monday, December 24, 2007

BATTERED AND BROKEN IN KANSAS CITY AT NATIONALS

I like to think it takes a severe pounding to knock me down, well, this pic shows me "there". The course at KCCX Nationals this year simply crushed me. At start time, 12 degrees, 20-30 knot steady winds, and snowing like a motha. Having been battered for two laps slamming into the frozen ground, the officials mercifully "pulled" me after being lapped by Ned Overend as he headed out for his final lap. Even Ned crashed twice, suffering a shoulder injury and lacerations, but he held on for the victory by just under a minute, what a tough bastard he is. It was an honor just to line up against the guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment