BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Monday, December 3, 2007

THE GREAT WALL OF CYCLOCROSS


BY GOLLY BY GOSH, I BELIEVE I'VE PEAKED!
A great day for SQUIRT Lube keeping the pressure on....two laps to go.

WELL....another CX race down, two weeks to go. The snow kept most of the HOOD up on the hill this Saturday, with the exception of Jake W (mafiaracing.com) who took SECOND in Satruday's front range Pro CX race at the Boulder Res...I'm making the guy piss in a bottle next week, he has become super human...and deserves every podium he is now capturing. As for myself, well I was stuck in Eagle plowing snow Saturday, but then the snow stopped...and you know what that means to a cross jukie like myself..make some calls, get some of the boys together, and lets drive to Denver for Sunday's CX race..I mean, why the hell not? I know that in two weeks I'm gonna be BUMMIN that race season is finally over and that we will soon be headin to DOGMA to go throw it down on the computrainer, that's another story for a later post. So it's just me a nd Burnsy this trip...bluebird day in Denver and 40 degrees...PERFECT. 35+ 4' with 60 riders...and we're off. I lead out Burnsy on lap one and we are right at top ten or so when I realize on lap two the gas is going fast...I think I'm burnt folks, maybe peaked two weeks early. Bottom line is the race was still fun as hell, Burnsy hung on for 13th....as for me, I battled my way backwards to 21st, but was still pretty psyched with that being the oldest fart in the class by quite a few years....IT'S ALL GOOD BRO.

At this point, after 13 Cross races following up a crap pile fo Mt Bike races this summer I'm just tired with States coming up this weekend. ONLY ONE THING TO DO...GO FOR A SPIN TODAY! Sorry, it's a sickness.


And all this during the year I retired. Bwahahahahaaa. I guess I'm just a manic bike racer..


COOL NEWS HOWEVER...Stay tuned for more CULT CROSS news, it's growing like an infection!



Looks like SPOT bikes is on board as a Cult Cross Sponsor!




No comments:

Post a Comment