BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Saturday, March 1, 2008

COLORADO RIVER RIDE TODAY AT NOON

Court and Gretch sheddin layers on the river road as temps near 60 degrees, thank you sun gods for finally showing your face.


One of my montras has always been, "if I leave this earth tomorrow, do not feel pity for me, I've had enough fun for ten lifetimes". Then I have a day like today, and I realize I want to have ten more lifetimes of fun.

Myself and Courtney Gregory, who was with me driving back from a Gunnison UCI CX race this past fall when we discussed the idea of spring cross racing (HENCE CULT CROSS), took a road ride on a near sixty degree day in Eagle and headed out to the Colorado River road for a three hour tour Gilligan's Island style. Before long we were reeled in by Gretchen Reeves, a women's National Marathon MTB champion who now resides in Eagle. Gretchen decided to back it down a notch and ride with the boys. Before long, it was Chris and Cheryl Cook who we saw headin back towards Eagle, then Bryan Bill and Alex Mitling heading in the same direction on the River road. Not thirty minutes later we ran into Mr. and Mrs. Jay Henry riding out while we were now headed home. If you do not know of Jay, he is also the reigning MTB Marathon National Champion after defeating Ryan Trebon during last year's MTB marathon National Championship at Breckenridge. Pretty crazy eh? Only in the Vail Valley. All in all it was just a stellar day, great scenery, great company and great conversation along the way. I want to live until I'm 300 years old.
and of course some crappy quality vij from Addicted to Bicycles

No comments:

Post a Comment