BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Saturday, July 12, 2008

THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE FUGLY AT SNOWMASS MSC RACE


Jay H. top spot on the podge again

Saturday at the Snowmass MSC race had it all covered on my front.
First the good

There were a top notch group of homies there to hang with when the racing was all over. Nat Ross, The Henrys, The Frasers, Santiago from Primal, Chad Melis from Dale's Pale Ale (party supporter extrodinaire), Jen Gersbach and the rest of the SPOT crew who showed up in BIG numbers and many others, your basic beer fest.
Jay Henry won the Men's open race and was psyched to be able to perform at that level after badly bruising his knee at the Firecracker, his knee is still so swollen it looks like Dolly Parton's left breast, but it sounds like it is just a badly bruised patella which will take a couple of months to get back to 100%.
Paul Gorbold who rides for Pedal Power won the Men's expert race and is on a freekin roll right now.

And then the bad....

I am not immortal. This race nearly killed me literally. Going from second and a huge gap on the next rider back starting lap two, I had a melt down of monumental proportions and ended up 4th. This race was hard, really hard, and I'm finally feeling like the grim reeper awaits me at every race finish, I can't believe how hard racing has become for me...argh. Think I'll just stick to promoting SQUIRT lube from now on. Tom Kimmel, who beat me by one second at this race last year, took 20 minutes out of me today, it was a brutal day.

And finally the FUGLY....

On the final descent into the finish today, I had one of my worst ever wrecks in a race. Not sure what happened because I was so tired when I went over the bars, but the first thing that hit was the top of my helmet and just before I hit the ground I was thinking "paralyzed or worse" as it happened so fast I could not get my hands in front of me to break the fall. Considering how hard I hit the rocks and dirt, I was VERY fortunate to come out with just some minor bruises. My bum knee felt like SHIT after this race after a 2:42 race time..just miserable.
I've got to go see an orthopede this week for sure to find out what's up.

Scale of 1-10 today.
Racing was a 2
The rest of the day was a 10!

No comments:

Post a Comment