BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A RANT ON BEHALF OF A READER, THAT I AGREE WITH...

While riding around the Beav very recently with a group of rebel riders, a couple of us could not help but be confused by this sign as well as it's tone. Very close to this spot we happened upon this scene below of heavy equipment crushing more wildlife habitat during elk and deer calving season than a hiker or mountain biker could ever come close to accomplishing in 100 lifetimes, it was prior to June 30th. This heavily hypocritical behavior by the powers that be has a tendency to make some a little rebellious and have total disregard for their policy decisions. Let's see, is a hiker or mtb'er going to disturb habitat as much as this diesel powered wrecking crew?
I doubt it.

I'm not sure that most if any of you agree with this opinion, but I do feel it is important to know that I spent close to 25 years of my life in the outfitting industry and I'm extremely sensitive to environmental and wildlife issues. I have always used what nature has to offer responsibly and with the utmost respect. I do however take issue when policy is made by a bunch of billionare homeowners on the side of a ski hill which they have shaped for their own personal pleasure who actually have minimal understanding of what is actually going on in the wilderness, but are OK with building thier 8 bedroom, 10 bathroom homes smack dang in the middle of PRIME wildlife habitat and then try to restrict the rest of us from using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment