BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

BOULDER'S BIGGEST WEEKEND OF CROSS WAS JUST THAT....HIGHLIGHTS FROM CYCLING DIRT.COM

There is really no proper place to start rambling about this weekend in Boulder, it was all so spectacular. Starting with the call from Aaron Bouplon just two days before the Colorado Cross Classic to come and help with the race call with DAVE TOWLE, who again, was the reason my interest in announcing Cyclocross and bike racing in general was peaked a few years ago. I've truly looked forward to the day if it came that I would get to sit beside the master of the mic at a CX race and it happened this weekend, at an elite race stuffed full of all the elite names, and I sat silent a lot by choice, and I took it all in, and I listened, and I learned so much, and I know what I have to do to get better, and the support from the fans and the racers has been awesome, and for that I thank all of you, the promoters included, you are all making this dream slowly come true for me, and I will continue to improve, and make events more exciting and fun, that is my goal.
Of course Sunday was the Boulder Cup, and the crowd was tremendous and insanity rang loud and clear, and it was an honor to be there in the prime position to call the action, thank you DBC Events for considering me to be a part. The excitement I now get to hear in my own voice in these videos from
is true and from the heart, for I am lucky enough to just have this all pour out over the PA as I hopefully feel what you are also thinking and cheering as you ring the cowbell, enjoy, what an amazing two days of Cyclocross in Boulder.

I must thank all of you for your positive feedback and support that you have given me during my brief announcing career, and I plan on being behind the mic for many races and years to come. I care about the racers, promoters, fans and want to make these events special. And with racers laying it all out there like they did this past weekend, you all make my job easy.
It has always been a dream of mine to be able to call the names of the very elite here in the USA at a Cyclocross race right here in our backyard of Colorado, I like dreaming, thank you for making this one come true.





No comments:

Post a Comment