BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

SO WHAT'S WITH THE SLOW BLOGGING?

 Let's get caught up, it's been one hell of a roll here at A2B and here's what is up. It dawned on me when a woman I do not know walked up to me tonight at HP Provisions in Eagle Ranch, which is where I poach my night time internet access and Americano's from Burnsy (just two blocks walk from the bank owned condo I live in, hell, they always owned it, now they really own it.) and asked me, "so what happened?", She was with her two young daughters and explained she reads my blog all the time and was wondering how I ended back up in Eagle. I replied that "I had made some mistakes and bad decisions". Some really big mistakes and bad decisions, and that I was happier than a pig in a ten foot bucket of shit to be back, and that is true.

So why the few and far between blog posts lately? Well fuck, I had to move ALL my shit back to Eagle, deal with a cluster fuck of a situation to leave my lease and get square with my landlord in Longmont, due to some incredibly irresponsible behaviors out of my control, and then get settled back in all the while working three jobs, which I'm incredibly thankful for at this time. I know many of you wonder just what the hell I do for a living, or have done for a living. It goes something like this right now. I work five days a week at Christy Sports in Beaver Creek Lodge as their custom ski boot fitter and maker of insoles. This is Monday through Friday. I then drive down to the front range for the weekend to announce and race in bike races. On top of this I also write as a freelance writer for the Sneak Peak Vail weekly newspaper doing all kinds of product review and articles about cool and fun stuff to do in the Vail Valley and surrounding area. The schedule at Christy's Sports includes a three hour split from 11-2 everyday which allows for plenty of ski time, as well as access to every demo ski available to mankind, which does not suck. But I do get kind of tired once in a while. But I do ski once in a while. Let's just say it's damn good to be back. Oh fuck yes.
Above is the start of the Birds of Prey Downhill at Beaver Creek where practice runs were underway today.

No comments:

Post a Comment