BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Sunday, March 25, 2012

BUFFALO BILL'S GRAVE AND THE WAX LIPS...THAT'S AMERICA

This is Buffalo Bill's grave. I had never been to Buffalo Bill's grave even though I have driven by it for 30 years while living in Colorado. So I was on the front range and had my road bike and decided to ride up there from Golden. It was a cool ride up Lookout Mountain and short, but my first jaunt on the road bike of the season. I though to myself this guy is an American icon like the robot from "Lost in Space" which I thought was cool. And then the coolest part of the day took place. I looked down and there on the first step to the grave of Buffalo Bill was a set of red wax lips, which I also believe is an American icon, which I thought was very interesting. I mean really, what are the chances of seeing Buffalo Bill's grave and a set of red wax lips all in the same day and within a stone's throw of one another. I thought about how bummed that kid must have been when he dropped those wax lips in the dirt...such a waste, and the ants can't even eat them.


No comments:

Post a Comment