BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Thursday, September 13, 2012

LOOK....

I'm reading this book. If you have any interest in cycling at all you've heard about it. You also have heard plenty about Tyler Hamilton. I've also heard individual rant and rage about the subject of doping in cycling and other sports. Many of these people are self righteous recreational athletes. I am reading this book for one reason, to better educate myself. You may consider this a cop out but I remain neutral in my opinions regarding doping in sport, it's much bigger and more complicated for me to ever understand or pass judgement, and for me to have no opinion is pretty odd, but in this case I'd rather just read, learn and hope for a better future in the sport I love, cycling. I'm thankful this book is out there, so I can learn more, and I'll embrace every other book that comes out that will help me understand what the big picture was, is and where it will be in the future. This book is tough to put down, I'd suggest you hit up Amazon, pick it up for $16, and read. Then you can hate, I will not.

2 comments:

  1. better yet - go to bookwormofedwards.com to order it and support an independent book store in the Eagle/Vail Valley!

    And I have been surprised at your neutrality on the sport.

    brandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, LG is quite vocal about voicing his (negative) opinion about pretty much everything, but he has no opinion on doping in cycling. Hmmm, think that's because he doesn't want to bite the hand that feeds him?

    Or is he just like all the other phonies. Just a lot of hot self-promoting air trying to sustain and grow their little piece of the sport. Oh wait, he just hasn't formed an opinion yet. Right.

    ReplyDelete