BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Friday, November 30, 2007

"CRY TODAY, FLY TOMORROW"

These were the words spoken to me by a recent new cycling acquaintance last week while discussing the passing of our good friend Mike Janelle. Well, more than myself took those words to heart as some of the local crew headed to the front range to do some Cyclocross racing, with MJ heavily on our minds, to indeed "fly". Probably most inspiring, Jake Wells, on Saturday at the Louisville Rec Center in the men's open/pro race. He gave us somthing to help take our minds off of our grief for an hour in an exciting effort that put him on the podium in third place, it was great. Thanks for that Jake.

J Dub riding away from the field, catch me if you can.

Monday was simply an amazing day, filled with sadness, heartbreak, funny stories and great memories, but mostly, it was a day filled with alot of love. So many people contributed to the days events. Kelly Anthony, Amy Hermes, Linda Wells, Gretchen Reeves and so many more were plain and simply all outstanding. It's clear Mike Janelle will always be remembered with a smile.

I questioned myself whether or not to post this next pic, however, I could not resist in the name of the type of humor I find most fit. And most importantly, I'm just going to have to stay true to my sick sense of humor even when I'm "down" for a while. When the celebration wound down Monday eve, encouraged by Yogi.........., myself and Jono Ridler decided to walk over to Denny's (did we really do that?) for the always delicious midnight breakfast affair. I could not help myself.....I HAD TO ORDER THE "MOONS OVER MY HAMMY". When the order arrived, I could not help but notice there was a LARGE piece of egg shell on the top of my sandwhich, no extra charge of course. When I started snapping pics of it, most thought I was a bit off course, which I was. Bottom line was, I figured Mike was laughing at the sight of it....hence the pic and this post. If I should get beat out in a sprint at Nationals in two weeks, I'm blaming it on this sandwich.

I'll have a side of "eggshell" please....thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment