BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Thursday, November 4, 2010

SIMPLE PLEASURES, CHUCKING APPLE CORES

One thing I really like are granny smith apples. I usually have several on my kitchen counter and bring one or two along for road trips in the car for snacks. I've also got my favorite spots to chuck the cores out of the passenger side window on the interstate with the hopes that some lucky critter will get a tasty treat that evening. Well, after years of successful core chucking on I-70, which I realize is probably illegal, I was driving home from Boulder Sunday night after the Boulder Cup when I spotted a tasty Granny Smith in the passenger seat, of course I ate it. I then dropped the window in the darkness and with a mighty heave launched the core towards freedom, only one prob, being dark, I had not realized that I had actually opened the back seat window. I realized this when the apple core bounced off the inside of the window and slapped me upside my head nearly causing a wreck, good thing I was'nt texting at the same time. The next morning I was reminded of this episode when I found this splat on the inside of the window. Clearly this was a toss of an experienced core chucker, as it was dead center and right on, and for that I am proud. And with that said, I went to CX practice last night after five straight days on the bike, including a MTB ride prior in the day, with Jake Wells, Courtney Gregory and other fast bastards in Avon. I'm so tired I'm pretty sure I could not even chuck an apple core out of a closed window right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment