BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Thursday, September 1, 2011

MORE FROM 24, IN THE SAGE

"On a steel horse I ride"

The old red and white 1986 Rockhopper (originally yellow) doing what it was originally built for all those years ago, with another relic riding the rigid race machine. There was understandably some "questions" as to whether or not this rig actually "qualified" as a townie. We were "allowed" three gears, a fuzzy seat cover, coaster brakes (I was rockin OLD and dried up, sketchy canti brake pads), had a rack and rode flat pedals with Teal Teva river shoes, which happened to be an awesome shoe choice. My three gear choice, which I found to be ingenious, were my front three chainrings, while disabling my rear derailleur. It worked VERY well, especially on the flat road when I could kick it up into the big ring, until the front derailleur failed after lap two, which was actually a blessing.
What a damn fun weekend with a bunch of damn fun people.....see ya there in 2012

When it was all said and done, I logged 85 miles on this bad boy, one pre ride lap, and five during the race, so fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment