BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Friday, October 21, 2011

LIBERATED AND THANKFUL IN THE HILLS...

Below are some photos, they are just photos of some hills, but they represent so much more. These are the hills surrounding the Eagle River Valley, close to Vail and Beaver Creek. I do not regret leaving these hills just over six months ago, I had an agenda at that time which required some big changes for me personally with some big commitments. Not there long after moving everything which I called my life to begin a new life to the front range of Colorado, I once again realized that it's virtually impossible to replicate or improve on what is buried deep within your soul which keeps your life simple and in a good place. The front range is a great place, and it's a far different lifestyle than in the hills, and it's full of good folks and great stuff to do, and it's a fantastic place to settle if you can meld into the system there and you can find a calm spot for your soul there. I had difficulty cracking the code down there on the full time work front, and was deceived a couple of times by promises of sunny days, which of course happens everywhere, but for me, the move turned into a catalyst for something bigger down the road, and I'm excited for it. The opportunities which have recently presented themselves to me through other opportunities, as well as having met some great new friends, on the front range as well as other places in this universe, have me looking up at this huge clear sky from the bottom of a deep gully, and the steps out are wide and stable, and it's really exciting. The past 6-7 years have been filled with disastrous financial decisions of which there is no one to blame but myself, and in the midst of a foreclosure and so many other challenges, the bricks of poison are falling one at a time, and all though the cup appears to just have a couple simple drops of fine wine it right now, that same cup is actually spilling over with optimism. For me it all starts with what these photos represent, and the simplicity of staying healthy and good friends, and thanks to Tim Faia for taking five minutes of my time this past weekend to help me see the future even more clear than I thought I already had, you are a good and funny damn friend. So it's time to purge and move on. For those of you who think I'm an ass for leaving and talking smack and then coming back, you are right, I'm an ass.
In the meantime it is so good to almost be back, with challenges of course, but amongst really good people, some of whom I hope can forgive, as well as in a great place. The grass is greener right here for me, and I promise to bitch about it being cold just like I have previously, but the sun and spring will return, and until then I'll just wear more clothes.
Liberate yourself should need be, it's incredibly liberating.


3 comments:

  1. Welcome back LG, it's good to have you back.

    On a side note, that crazy guy who predicted the end of the world back in May (around when you left), now says today is the day upon your return... coincidence?

    Maybe he confused your blog with the Book of Christ

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the biggest asshole of all my friends, and that my friend, is a compliment. Thanks for keeping it simple LG.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back. Help protect our trails from bad BLM decisions.

    1 - Abrams Ridge is being designated 'for administrative use only' until the top where it is shown as 'foot and horse only'.: This is a step in the wrong direction, please take comment to allow mountain bikes.
    2 - Mike's Night Out and Dead Cow are being designated 'foot and horse only': This is a step in the wrong direction, please take comment to allow mountain bikes and motorcycles
    3 - Catwalk is shown as a combination of 'rehabilitate and foot and horse only': This is a step in the wrong direction, please take comment to allow mountain bikes and motorcycles
    5 - Riddle, the section that is not on Town of Eagle Land, on the North side of Mayer Gulch is being shown as a route that needs to be 'rehabilitated'...when that is the section that connects the trail to Mayer Gulch and the connector to 2nd Gulch and Hardscrabble Road.: This is a step in the wrong direction, please take comment to allow mountain bikes.

    ReplyDelete