BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

ONCE AGAIN I MUST DECREE

THERE IS NO CRYING IN CYCLOCROSS
I pay the same fee to race as the fast guys, I clearly do not, nor will I ever have the God given fitness or engine to stay with the most fit racers out there. I work hard to be able to race at the highest level my engine will allow. I expect to be able to finish what I pay for, regardless if Gary Thacker is going to lap me, again. If I am to be lapped, I'm gonna submissively let that rider pass me and continue towards my goal of finishing what I came to do. If I decide to not give way to a faster rider who is overtaking me, whether or not it is a pass for position or being lapped, I expect a shoulder or a lean which could result in myself crashing and possibly being injured, I EXPECT THAT, that is why I give way. I'm racing for fun and the camaraderie of my fellow racers, I don't give a shit about a pint glass or points that may give me a better start position, I'm not as good or as fast as you, that does not give YOU the right to make rules that screw me over. There is no Crying in CX, have fun, and F the rest of it.

1 comment: