BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Monday, October 10, 2011

THERE WAS A BIT OF DRINKING INVOLVED...

So there I was, at the 24 Hours of Moab knocking out one of my "bucket list" items as I was asked to announce this event which has meant so much to me in previous years. Laird Knight, the promoter of this race, during his racer meeting, explained that the race is all but dead for the future and that this was going to be the last edition. With that said, I planned on making this a pretty fun weekend to celebrate all the years of participating on some level here. Well, I was done announcing at 10pm for the evening, and the Dale's Pale Ale motor home was present, which meant there was good beer, really good beer. So I drank a couple, and Dale himself as well as a few others suited up to go do a night lap during the race for fun, which sounded pretty damn fun to me. So I put on my cycling shoes, a helmet and some work gloves, also hooked up my old school Nite Rider light for some nostalgia on my handle bars and rode with just one light. I also did not put any cycling clothes on but rode in long Carhart pants and a puffy jacket as it was chilly. We rode an entire lap, and it was really fun, and we saw many of our friends racing, and we were slightly drunk, slightly, and then the Gubna and Dale's came out, so we had a few, and the ride was nothing short of a party on two wheels, and we rode everything clean, and then the last move at the Notch was in front of me, and I had been drinking, but only one, one more than a few cans of beer. So I rolled through the Notch, and there it was, a big loose rock right in the middle of the middle of my front wheel, and I had been drinking, and being a steeper part of the course, I cased the rock hard, which sent me way the hell over the bars somewhere into the rocks, and it was a good damn thing I had been drinking. Dale's Pale Ale and Gubna saved my life, because I hit like a pile of Silly Puddy, and it saved me, because I had been drinking. And then I went to bed at 3am and finished announcing the race the next morning. It was a celebration of the final 24 Hours of Moab, and it was fun and a unique experience. And I regret none of it....

And with that said, I guess it could have been worse, yeah, here's the viral African antelope video..

No comments:

Post a Comment