BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Thursday, June 7, 2012

ANOTHER NEW EXPERIENCE, LOVING LIFE, KIND OF

Last night was a new experience for me. Upon completion of announcing the first complete Vail Rec District Town Series MTB race I had to drive to Denver to prep for working this weekend as well as seeing my girlfriend, which by the way if you do not know, has been a very pleasant part of my life for the past five months, she actually likes me, as opposed to the former who resembled very closely something out of the movie "PSYCHO" (insert shower scene music here). I was exhausted upon arrival and had driven down through the foothills watching an amazing lightning show just to the south and east over Denver. Winds picked up late, and the lightening was constant for hours, rain mixed with small hail and the storm got a bit closer by the lightening flashes. I never really fell asleep due to the noise and flashing, and then around midnight the sirens began to blare. These were not your ordinary fire truck sirens, but Tornado sirens, and they loudly sounded for thirty minutes, and I became more alert and wide awake listening for "the train" noise, but it never came, just more hail, rain and wind. And then it passed and I fell asleep. It was surreal and scared me, and I can do without that ever again. Seven tornadoes reportedly touched down last night not too far away with no injuries. and I'm glad for that. Fuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment