BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Why the Hell are we Smiling?


I'll tell you why we are smiling, it's because we just got done with one of Colorado's most hanus climbs you will find anywhere....the climb to Kokomo pass (12,800ft) from the base of Copper Mountain, and that was after climbing out of Camp Hale through Resolution Pass, which pushes 18-22 degrees for the last couple miles of the climb. Sound fun? Somewhere around the halfway point up to the summit of Kokomo's 4000 ft climb with NO recovery section, I became delerious and weak and started to believe I was close to heaven and about to walk down the isle with Britney Spears before she had two kids and shaved her head. Another 1000 ft of climbing had me believing I had entered the den of Satan himself as the dream of Britney suddenly turned into clouds of doubt when I began to believe I was in the Tour De France trying to make up 4 hours on Floyd Landis (what?). Then the summit...with nothing but MILES of single track downhill back to Camp Hale after rehydrating and stuffing goo and bars down my face.....hence the smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment