BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Saturday, August 8, 2009

LANCE ARMSTRONG BESTS JAY HENRY FOR COLORADO STATE XC CHAMPIONSHIP

What do this guy and Lance Armstrong have in common?
Nothing.
photo Alex Mitling
Lance wins the Colorado State XC Championship in Snowmass, Colorado
photos Aspen Times
While warming up today in Snowmass, Colorado for an attempt at my own age classification State Championship, despite a battered body, I was rolling into the start area when yeah, Lance Armstrong rides by all of us spinning up the pave for a quick warm-up before the start of the Blast the Mass Mountain States Cup race. My train of thought quickly became don't let this guy Armstrong humilate me by lapping me on my first lap while he is on his second, the laps were long and difficult for most of us, but I managed to accomplish my goal. Jay Henry rode like a rockstar and finished only three minutes behind podium boy from the latest Tour for second place, kudos to Jay on battling one of the all time greats head to head.
Lance Armstrong moves to the front quickly on the first climb of the Snowmass, Colorado race today, he quickly opened a gap and held it.
photo Alex Mitling
Lance crosses the bridge coming into the start finish area
Again on the first climb, Lance puts the tour legs to the test, and drops the field early.
photo alex Mitling
My day went well all things considered, and my podium dissappeared when this happened somewhere along the route after the last climb. I HAD been battling for second when misfortune struck, the ensuing clusterfuck which I basically created for myself knocked me back one spot shy of the podium in fourth.Lance Armstrong appears ready to rip the Leadville 100 next weekend. I'll steal some pictures of Lance when I get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment