BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

THE DAY THE WIND TRIED TO BURY ME...

I'm not terribly proud of this ride for any reason, I typically embrace wind on long rides on beautiful days. But today was different. The wind battered me for the entire 80 miles, it was a series of Joe Frazier left hooks to the body for the entire ride, and it hurt, and it tried to pull the anger demons to the surface, but I kept them buried where they belong, for I am older and wiser, and I turned the pedals over one stroke at a time, until the suffering was over. There is something terribly romantic about a solo ride, with no help, in the raging winds of spring in the Rockies, there is also something incredibly stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment