BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY TO PREP A TURKEY, HAPPY THANKSGIVING FROM A2B

What a great world we live in. I can sit here and type Happy Thanksgiving to the entire world just by hitting submit on this blog post. It's amazing. Or I can just go to Bookface and tell everyone something like "so happy and excited the entire family is going to be together for this Thanksgiving!" Letting the world know that my life is so much better than yours because I'm going to travel 2500 miles and spend $1500 on a weekend with people who I actually can't stand to be around for more than thirty minutes when the official button pushing begins and everyone can't wait to get back to the fucking airport and back home as far away from these people they somehow talked themselves into trying to like for the 27th year in a row. It ain't happening folks. Once the glow of that first 30 minutes fades away, you'll be wishing you could watch which football game or parade you want while at the same time saying to yourself, "what time is my flight on Sunday? Can we move it up? I'll pay anything." I guess I've always been a bit of a rogue during holiday season having worked in the resort business for 30 years now. It's a busy time here and it's fun. You get to watch families hate each other on expensive vacations instead of experiencing that yourself, and then you can go ski for a few hours.

 Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be in Denver with my amazing girlfriend, but life has me having to work here in the mountains, and she is crazy busy working on a teaching masters, so we shall celebrate with a meal this weekend in Denver. As for the rest of it, I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and do not have to deal with forcing that smile on your face when Uncle Marty cuts a big ol fart at the turkey dinner table like he has for the past 17 years and is totally amused with himself. Enjoy your day, enjoy your bird, and get out and ski or ride...here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment