BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Sunday, September 6, 2009

ANCIENT CHINESE PROVERB SAYS....

The view from the Gran Traverse trail on the backside of Vail..every inch of this will be getting skied in a couple of months.
When I opened my fortune cookie at the May Palace in Vail today after stuffing my face and gut with Chinese Food, it read this.
"A day in the span of time no one is wealthy enough to waste"
which I found pretty ironic since I had just had a KILLER day on the Mountain Bike with a bunch of broke as shit friends as we try and weather the storm of this crap economy, but at least we've got bikes, and a mountain to go ride them on, and phones to call and text with to say let's go RIDE....pretty much free entertainment. Hence we wondered what all the wealthy people were doing today indeed, probably shopping for velvet Elvis paintings at a flea market somewhere or somtin.

Tara and Nate from Yeti's Grind getting ready to drop it back home..


Nate, Tara, John and Leah (sp?) on the way out in Game Creek Bowl

Eagle's Nest for a quick break...

Rollin out on the Gran Traverse...

3 comments:

  1. Yo cowboy! Ancient chinese proverb says 'If its winter in Colorado then its a mt bike summer in New Zealand' Get ur butt down here and I will lead you on some sweeeeet kiwi singletrack that will leave you with a smile on ur dial! Just ask Dewet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. twist my arm....best trip of my life was to NZ for the Millenium, for a month. I want to get back there BAD. You got winter work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. M8, I teach Sport and Exercise Science in a high school. I have summer break from mid December until the beginning of February. Great time for you to visit for a mt bike road trip. Want a preview? Search Youtube for ' mt biking Rotorua, Split Enz trail'

    ReplyDelete