BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Sunday, September 13, 2009

A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE 2009 CYCLOCROSS SEASON...

"These are my men sir"
Some "different" things are going on in the Elgee scheme of fall planning, under "normal" circumstances I'm usually so jacked up to get CX season under way I can't stand myself, however, this year is different for many reasons. First off I'm 52 years old in a couple of weeks, and I'm not so sure I want to spend my weekends driving 4-5 hours to race 45 minutes and spend a pretty good amount of cash everytime I make the trip.
I'm in the twilight of my cycling days, I want to spend them where I can get the biggest bang for my time spent which means to me, long, killer mountain bike rides are in order with many friends during the best time of the year in the Rockies. I'm not retiring from CX racing, but it's "less" important to me in the big picture. I mean really, we've got countless miles of world class singletrack OUTSIDE MY DOOR and this is where my cycling roots lie, on the fat tires, in the woods with friends laughing
our asses off all day long. Today
we had a killer posse riding "Mike's". An exceptional three hour tour Gillgan style, with no driving or stress except when I almost ate shit on "the log" half way down, you know the one if you have ridden the trail.
The old steed, and probably the only CX bike I'll ever own as I do not see a new one moving me out of the middle of the pack, ever. Mothballed? No, but she'll definitely see less action on the roof carrier this year.

With that said, Squirt Lube will be heading to Interbike next week, and we will be sitting house in booth 4837 with Feedback Sports

Feedback Sports manufactures a line of measurement tools designed to take away the guesswork. Their accurate, reliable and easy-to-use scales are specifically designed to weigh bicycles, backpacks and other outdoor equipment. In 2008, we acquired Ultimate Bike Support and now offer a full line of high quality bicycle repair stands and bicycle storage products based on 15 years of proven, award winning designs. Feedback's Products are built to last and designed to improve your cycling and outdoor experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment