BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Friday, September 25, 2009

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT A2B FANS.....

I'm pretty wrecked from the week in Vegas, and it's late, but I owe my followers this for sure, then I'll update you on Xvegas and such when I get back home. FULL SUSPENSION 29ERS HAVE LANDED and are taking over the world. I did not get to ride a bunch, but I got to ride some, and I'm most curious about one in particular that I did NOT get to ride at the show this week, but did get to check out...here are three I dig.

BEST 29ER CARBON FULL SQUISH I RODE.....
The Santa Cruz Tall Boy, this thing is Bullet Proof and the suspension ate up Bootleg Canyon. Unfortunately I'm pretty much off the Carbon kick on the mtb scene after this season...I've just seen and heard of it breaking too often...all over the place.

BEST METAL THING 29ER I RODE....
The Turner Sultan..this thing is a dream, eats shit right up, and has a "stiff" rear end that is super active. Killer fun bike to ride.

BEST BUDGET 29ER FULL SQUISH....
When I took this GT out for a ride, the "Marathon" first "looked" a bit clinky. HOWEVER, this bike rode sick. I thought that this bike for the price point was by far the best value out there. The build is not waaay high end, but the ride is. I thought this bike had the best "feeling" suspension system of all the bikes I rode. I had all the rides set up super squish, and this GT killed it....

BEST FULL SQUISH 29ER I DID NOT GET TO RIDE....
Charlie Brown from the Mountain Pedaler told me to check this ride out but I never got the chance. NEAR SIX full inches of travel on the rear end. Are you FUCKING kidding me? This may be the ride I end up on next year because I would like a DOWNHILL 29ER in my quiver, and it's not carbon, which I'm going to shy away from in the future as everyone I know that has one, broke it...back to other materials for this kid, especially for a non racing bike...sleep well A2B fans. I'm heading home in the AM.

Meanwhile, I caught this terror attack on vijeo on the strip in Vegas this evening while walking back from the Ben and Jerry's ice cream joint where I got a single scoop cone for $6. Psych, this was really an attack of Butt Pirates across the street from Harrahs, get me the fuck out of here, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment