BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Sunday, July 25, 2010

THE ROAD TO NOWHERESVILLE....

Today the road bike was my sanctuary from insanity...
This is the road to absolute nowhere
Where the pavement meets the dirt, that is where I rode today, and that is where I seem headed these days in life. Boy have things changed the past couple of years. Seems like everyone is struggling through it. As for me, the full reversal of any chance of a professional career has taken place and I've got this ball and chain hanging around my leg called a condominium, but at least I'm not upside down on the bastard. I've got friends that are in shit so deep they are going to have to suck five feet of it through a straw just to get the top of their head showing again. I've slowly begun to cut my losses, this is the only choice now. I'm thankfully still a bachelor (kind of) right now and only have myself to take care of. Christ, more than half of all marriages are ending in divorce from all the stress out there, and only God knows how many of the remaining marriages are hanging on by a thread or wish to hell they were separated. It's sick. As for me, I'm working my ass off just to barely make ends meet and have enough money for a date once in a blue moon. It's a freekin war. I feel like I've been spiraling down this road that seems to lead no possible where for months, gave up my real estate career which was flourishing three years ago, and I want to be a professional bike race announcer now. How wacked out is that? Nearing 53 years old, still single, battling this shit economy, and damn glad I've got just me to take care of at this challenging time. And then there is the bike, which is my savior, and reminds me of how good I actually have it. I've got my health, a roof over my head, a car that is paid for, a job, food on my plate, and alot of bikes and places and friends to go ride them with, so all in all it's pretty damn good. I may be headed no where right now, but it's a damn good ride on the way there...Where am I going? I don't know, but I'm on my way.....

No comments:

Post a Comment