BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Monday, August 9, 2010

OK, LET'S GET THIS STRAIGHT...

Photo Michael Kane, who's kid Kevin finished 3rd on the day in the pro field..
I am NOT a Colorado State Champion, the person who won the 50+
Cat 1 race on Saturday is THE 50+ State Champion. I have long had a problem with crowning riders who win anything but the elite field in their age classifications "Champions". This is no different for me, and I'm uncomfotable with people saying I'm a State Champion when some other guy is. I was undeniably the fastest guy in the Cat 2 "state championship" on Saturday at Keystone, and take some personal satisfaction in the fact that I beat the rider I wanted to, because a loose screw on a cleat ended my chances last year at Snowmass to win this category of the "second fastest guys" which "this guy" won. I may have won the "world's greatest sandbagger" title on Saturday, and I can live with that, and you can call me out on that one and I won't lose a wink of sleep. It is however nice to have a new jersey to crash in and get dirty, rip and do trail work in, because what it says on it really is not what it is, the other guy who won the Cat 1 race is the true champion....so now we are straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment