BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Saturday, August 28, 2010

BITE OFF MORE THAN YOU CAN CHEW, AND EAT IT

Georgia Pass conquered with the Mafia boys, Gregory and McFarling, the weird shit was yet to come....this is at 11,800 ft.For the first time all cycling season, I'm worked. After two big days riding locally, I was prepared for a rest day when Courtney Wuwuwuwuwuzup Gregory called last night while I was still riding home in the dark after a Half Humper ride which included some maintenance. He wanted to do some kind of concocted road trip ride and I was invited. I knew any ride was gonna be tough to pull off, but this one in particular hurt. Kenosha Pass to the top of Georgia Pass via the Colorado Trail. With the Freak driving up from Denver to meet us, I knew that starting this ride unrested would be a punisher, and it was, but it was damn good fun, and it was really good to be riding with two of my best home boyz for the first time in a very long time. This ride was waaaay more than I could chew, but I force fed myself and we had a blast, and it was good to get back to the car and bullshit for a while. I was old today, and the young guyz were not. Then the crazy shit started flying. We are chatting it up in the parking lot when these two motos pull over next to us, with people who were wearing Spiderman moto masks. They stopped with their fat kids to take a cigarette break. Then a family of three kind of bike riders rode across HWY 285 in front of us and almost got smeered by a car. This was followed very shortly by two cars who passed us going about 75 miles an hour, just barely made the pass, then slammed on their brakes in front of us going 75 miles an hour nearly killing us both, instantly, which I had reserved a very special middle finger for...
Then, we stop at the Hungry Moose Caboose for the "Worlds Greatest Burger", which I was a bit curious about, in the town of Jefferson, and you know what, the shit may have been the Best Burger in the World, it damn sure didnt suck. Perhaps the best part of this visit was the personal soda tour we were given prior to ordering from the voluptuous burger vixen, but actually it was when the Burger chef asked us how we knew about their "World's Best Burger" reputation to which we replied, "it says so on your sign".....goober.
Ryan McFarling presented me with this water bottle at the end of our ride, if you don't get it, don't ask...
Courtney and Freakster chattin up the climb, which buried me, and the Freak turned it up a notch on the way back and KILLED it. Ya get to a point where you are just thankful to be riding with such caliber and talent in such a SWEET place. GREAT day indeed.
and what makes these burgers the "World's Best"?

Good to be back on the dirt, especailly new dirt, with the boyzk...


No comments:

Post a Comment