BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Thursday, January 27, 2011

BRUTALLY HARD FIGHTING...

Much like these ice climbers in East Vail which I captured doing their deal the other day (while I could still function as a human being), I'm climbing my own wall of ice these days. Surgery has left me in a catatonic state most of the day this week. The ebb and flow of thinking I'm feeling better and then for no reason at all getting smashed in the face only to have to sleep for hours on end has me thoroughly frustrated. I swore seven years ago when I first had this polyp removal surgery that I would never do it again, but I have no choice, this is my genetic footprint and I will have to endure this misery every 4-7 years, and it is brutal, and it is trying to beat me. I'm in the middle of a week long cyclocross race and I'm on lap two, praying for the "one lap to go" bell. Through it all, there have been some amazingly good things that have happened this week, and for that I am thankful. And any year that a team from New York, Boston are out, and with a chance that the team from Green Bay may lose this year in the Super Bowl, it's acutally not that bad. I guess the biggest issue here is that a team from Pittsburgh may win the Super Bowl, again, snore. Think I'll take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment