BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Monday, June 20, 2011

REST IN PEACE CLARENCE CLEMONS....

Without going into any details of my youth and the fan I was of the E Street Band, A2B is saddened to hear of the passing of Clarence Clemons, the greatest rock and roll band saxophone player who ever lived. Rest peacefully Clarence, and I'm glad the music is here until the end of time, think I'll go listen to "Jungleland". Damn you were something special.




Enjoy....

Classic Clemons...

Many years ago, I believe around 1980, I had the opportunity to see Clarence Clemons and the Red Bank Rockers, his own band, at the Agora Ball Room in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. Not once, but twice that night as Clarence himself asked the crowd from the first show to please stay and watch the second show that night for free. It was an incredibly small venue, maybe 250 people max, with the stage right on the floor in front of us, and it was packed, and it was great, and I sure am lucky I was there....thanks Clarence Clemons, The Big Man.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this. 1000memories created a tribute site for Clarence today - http://1000memories.com/clarence-clemons - thought you'd appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete