BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

FUCKING WIND

When I was a kid being brought up in NJ, there were a couple of occasions when I got to take the trip to Seaside Heights on the Jersey Shore. This was back in the 1960's, and even then the place was pretty much a dump, but it was also pretty damn cool and had a bottomless pit of character. The boardwalk was daunting as a child, and an engineering marvel that seemed impossibly built over the ocean with roller coasters and other pay and take your chances thrill rides. It was a cool place. There was a booth there called Lucky Leos. It had a wheel that the carny would spin with 6 numbers on it. You put down a quarter on a number, and if the wheel stopped on your number you won an album, the equivalent of a $10 MP3 download these days. The FIRST quarter I ever put down on the wheel at Lucky Leos I won, and I picked out a Moody Blues album called "A Question of Balance". My parents had an old phonograph in our basement and I listened to it over and over again for years. Now Seaside lay devastated on the Jersey Shore, fucking wind.


No comments:

Post a Comment