BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Thursday, November 12, 2009

BONEYARD, EAGLE, COLORADO, TRIPLE TOP SECRET ELGEE A2B SINGLESPEED TRAINING

I have never quite grasped the SS phenom over the years. with that said, I have jumped on a couple and had enough fun to wet some panties on a SS. I've got my own SS program that I have secretly been on for a couple of seasons (gawd only knows we can't get stronger without it) and now is the time to reveal this amazingly intricate routine. I do this ride once every week or two. First, I head to the Boneyard on my GEARED bike. I then shift the bike into ONE gear, whatever gear I feel like riding in that day depending on what I'm trying to accomplish and how I feel that day. Being able to PICK which SS gear I would LIKE to ride in on that day, instead of having to hit the bike shop and change cogs. I have a tendency to turn off my ears when the gear ratio talk starts at the shop or at races, it gives me an anxiety attack actually. Okay, so I choose my gear, and then I actually STAY in that gear for the entire ride, it's an amazing concept I know, and I'm on a heavier geared bike as opposed to a SS so it's TWICE the training ride. The bigger the gear I choose on a particular day, the more baggy and torn the clothes I choose to wear to go along with it. It's just such a loving program. Here is yesterday SS training ride, at the Bonetard of course.

Old Race Course descent off of the Boneyards climb in Eagle, Colorado
it's a ripper


And the climb up the Boneyard, just good clean steady middle ring climbing.




No comments:

Post a Comment