BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Sunday, February 28, 2010

CANADA EH....

I kind of hate to say this at the risk of sounding unpatriotic, but I'm almost a little bit glad Canada was able to take the gold on their home ice today. I was VERY tired of comparisons to the 1980 miracle team. NOT EVEN CLOSE. I watched that 1980 game on a black and white TV while I was a senior at Florida State University with my roommates who were all from New Jersey and hockey junkies, one of which played at Rutgers the prior year. The 2010 game was a bunch of NHL pro players from Canada and the USA basically playing an allstar game. 1980 will never compare to anything ever again in sports future or history, period. Put it to rest. The 1980 upset of the Russian Hockey Machine by a bunch of punk ass college kids is what it is and should never be mentioned or compared to anything you will see today unless Jamaica were to field a team and beat the Canadians 7-0, that MIGHT compare. Good on ya Canada, your pros played better than our pros, especially in overtime.
Besides, what the hell were you thinking letting Crosby skate to the net ALONE in overtime? He should have gotten hit so hard he would have been peaking through his ear hole.....

1 comment:

  1. Indeed Elgee... I love the "you know what really grinds my gears" posts! Spot on with the rant.

    ReplyDelete