BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

ADDICTED TO FLY FISHING...

It starts with the massive pile of fly tying shit...
More crap about me my readers do not know. In a previous life I was a flyfishing guide, and I do not mind saying that I was pretty good at it, I'd say between playing baseball in my youth, and fly fishing guide, these are far and away the two things I did best in my life, next to pissing people off about nothing. Seriously dudes, my client list included the following, and this is no shit, Benjamin Netanyahu, Prime Minister Brian Mulrooney and his wife Mia of Canada, Baseballer Mike Schmidt, Golfers Lee Weiskopf and Jack Nicklaus, Prince Dearenberg of Belgium, and on and on and on...was Andy Mill's personal guide on Sportsman's Journal which was an OLN program, made the cover of the Orvisd catalog and blah blah blah more. That is all in the past now, it lasted just over 20 years. I think I've fished maybe 15 times the past three seasons as I just needed to stay out of the way of the fish for a while. But now I'm back, and I'm gonna start fuckin up some fish again. In the early spring, ya tie em small and very sparse, remember that fly fishers, it's VERY important. Then find a spot mid day when the fish start looking up, and wala, you will crush their lips right off their faces with the proper delivery and pattern. Tomorrow the resurrection begins. The Clash of the Titans is on. I will show no mercy, it's nice to be an old guy with a dictionary of fly fishing knowledge that has been put on the shelf for a while.....time for mucho grande pescado.

Then you pick your choice of attack
Tie small and sparse in the early spring time
Pick your materials wisely for the chore at hand
And end up with a CRUSHER.

No comments:

Post a Comment