BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Thursday, March 4, 2010

THE FRYING PAN WAS ON FIRE...

This is the infamous "Bend" just below Reudi on the Pan, frankly, I have not fished this bend for 15 years as it's just not my style, dredging the bottom until you foul hook a big fish then real him in by the tail with your three size BB split shots twelve inches above the fly, skilless. I prefer instead to fish a ways down river on the Pan where there are a jillion fish to catch on VERY small dry flies this time of year, it's like clockwork every March. The first fish of 2010, a Brown

The second fish of 2010, a Rainbow.

And the fish I worked on all day to catch...then went home after I was somewhere in the third dozen caught, it was near 60 degrees in Glenwood today, awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment