BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Friday, August 19, 2011

LET'S DO THIS GUNNISON....

I am going to Gunnison this afternoon, I am in the starting line-up for the World Townie Solo 24 Hour Mountain Bike Championships. I am not actually going to Gunnison to race for this title as there is no way in hell that at my age I'm going to sit on old Red and White for 24 hours and race on the dirt. I am however going to participate, and have a shit ton of fun, and ride my old 1986 custom painted Rock Hopper for as many laps as I wish and then just enjoy the vibe at the 24 in the Sage, because it is my favorite, and this is kind of a "Bucket List" item for me, to simply participate and have fun. As the summers roll by and you begin to realize that you probably will never have the chance to ride Europe for three weeks like you had planned because your careers have all but shit the bed, except my announcing career thankfully, or that you know you are mortal, and that the years do not just keep coming with good health one after the other, unless you are very fortunate, and that there are just some things which you do have the opportunity to do during this time on earth, then just do them, worry about paying for it later. And with that I'd like to say thanks to the Folks at the Sage for having me be a part of it. To be perfectly honest with all of you, I can't fucking wait to line it up at the start tomorrow with hundreds of others, on a bike I bought 25 years ago, and raced on back in the day, at the place I did my first Mountain Bike ride ever in Colorado in 1984, and it was up W Mountain when I lived in Gunnison for a summer, which we will ride in the shadows of for 24 hours starting tomorrow at noon. Damn good on ya I'd say. This is gonna be one for the books, and the smile I have when we roll out on lap one won't even begin to indicate what fun I'm having, let's do this Gunnison.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment