BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Friday, December 18, 2015

I FEEL FOR THE MEEK AND WEEKEND WARRIOR...GO SKI PALI, IT'S OPEN.



Legending 49 from Larry Grossmany on Vimeo.
It's been a blessed life, there is not much at this point I would change except for maybe the New England Patriots having never won the Super Bowl, that would be kind of cool, but I can't change that. It sounds like Star Wars 47 was excellent last night and I look forward to seeing it even though I'm not quite into that thing. One thing I am into is skiing. Every season, when I ride The Legend for the last time of the season, as I head down to the base area, I always wonder if this will be the last time I ever have a chance to ski here, because life is full of twists and turns, and 2015 has been a very odd one for good friends getting sick or passing away, and I always remember that and I never take anything for granted. Hence, when the next ski season comes around and the Pali chair opens at Arapahoe Basin I am incredibly thankful to have made it to another season and ski at my favorite hill. More importantly as I push towards 60 years of age...the first run down Pali every season brings back life....the soul and the freedom of skiing, real skiing. For the masses that have "real" jobs and live that can only ski on the cluster fuck of the weekend, I feel for you, because whether you live in a mountain community or on the front range of Colorado, if you do not get to ski during the weekend, you are missing out on simplicity. There is rarely traffic to get to the hill, even in total shit weather and the lift lines do not exist this time of year, unless you are in Vail of course. So quit your real jobs and going skiing, it's good for you. I mean really, why even live in Colorado or it's mountains if you can't enjoy it's rewards? Christ.

Music in honor of the Super Bowl....lame. Vij includes first run on Pali of the year, also lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment