BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

IT'S A POWDER DAY AT THE LEGEND, PET THE GOATS.....LEGENDING 14

This past summer for some reason, Arapahoe Basin put a bronze sculpture of a couple of Mountain Goats in the base area.  They live high above the ski area, as well as at the top of the ski area on Lenawee, Grays and Torreys peaks. I of course, as and old schooling curmudgeon, went off on this and said they belonged at the Factory Outlet Stores in Silverthorne (I've never actually seen a factory down there) or in Beaver Creek with the rest of the bronze in the world. Well, yesterday I decided to start making some lemonade of the situation and started a new personal tradition at The Legend. I mean come on, it's freekin Christmas week for crying out loud, so lighten up Francis, right? Well, from now on, if it is more than a six inches of new snow powder day at The Legend, and I'm there, petting the bronze goats prior to skiing is a requirement, just so people can look at me like I have lost my mind, which may have actually happened years ago. So pet the goats, it's good karma...

No comments:

Post a Comment