BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

SO I CAN EAT THIS....

Just an hour and fifteen minutes from the Vail/Eagle Valley sits the Lake Catamount Nordic Ski area just a couple of miles west of Steamboat Springs. Two of my old knuckle head buddies from my Fly Fishing Guide days in Meeker run this place now. If you dig skating or classic skiing on skinnys, this track is heaven. The 30+KM are groomed perfectly and with 2-3 feet of base the snow is stellar. It's super wide and smooth as a baby's ass out there, and the use of the terrain is incredible. A day pass is $18 and worth every cent. Kevin Kapiscke grooms the shit perf, and ski's daily so he knows the deal. I wanted two hours of skating today, however, at 1:45 my legs said no, so I got some ice cream to finish the second hour.This is just a few Km of the 30+ groomed to perfection, and there is a "dog" section.

No comments:

Post a Comment