BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Friday, October 8, 2010

BLOGGING CENTRAL, YETI'S GRIND IN EAGLE, COLORADO

Today is my first true day off in a very long time, between working at the Beaver Creek Lodge, Squirt Lube and announcing bike races I've been buried for the last month. So today when I awoke to kind of blue skies and planned on catching up on some e-mail related stuff, then riding, it was off to perhaps the world's greatest coffee shop (with a second opening shortly in Vail in the new Solaris project, by invite) Yeti's Grind in Eagle, Colorado. Then the skies opened up, with sleet, rain, hail and gropple, signaling the transition in the Colorado high country of Summer to Fall to Winter shortly. So I've settled into the coffee shop today, amongst all it's characters, of which I am one. There are the screaming kids with grandma visiting, breaking shit, and of course grandma and her sense of entitlement does not have a clue, as she plainly could care less about her perfect grand child flogging the fixtures and random decorations in the shop, breaking most of them. Then right next to me, I've listened to this gangster wanna be and watched him swing his arms around rehearsing his new rap song he is currently writing for the past TWO hours, and it's not very good. And it continues to rain. And I follow up on Interbike contacts and try and get more shit to review for free on this blog, otherwise known as my rambling pile of shit. And it's too muddy to ride dirt now, but not the road, hell, what is a road bike anyway? I have not been on that thing for months it seems, but gawd my body could use a "spin" right now at my advanced age. I was "shocked" to realize last weekend that next season I will be old enough to race the 55+ category in Cyclocross, where did my life go? Oh well, time does indeed fly when you are having fun. Think I'll go put on a rain coat and ride something, anything, and be happy I do not live in Hungary under the flow of a toxic mudslide, or Afghanistan, or Iraq. I heard of another wave of job cuts here in the Vail Valley this week, some of which belonged to friends of mine with families, and there is no way they'll replace those high dollar positions anytime soon, and they have kids, and mortgages, and car payments, and now have hemorrhoids. Think I'll just enjoy my cup of coffee at Yeti's and watch the rain stop, then go ride a bike, thank god for the bike.....

Update.....this is how the day ended..

3 comments: