BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

GOD DAMN DOPERS...

This should have gone away already, but it has'nt. After I got off work today (from one of my five jobs which include, the Beaver Creek Lodge, Realtor, Squirt Luber, Race announcing and promoting) I had to go pick up my Subie which finally got it's front left wheel bearing replaced after jacking it up in Vail on the monster powder day back in March. Bagger hooked me up on the car fix and I jumped on the road bike in the butt ass cold sub-40 degree morning to ride up to Beaver Creek and work. After riding back to the shop to pick up the car I decided to ride Battle Mountain. It was a great day to ride up there, and along the way I could envision the supposed big road stage race that may come to Colorado soon, and what an epic stage could be thrown in with this climb included. Say perhaps a "Copper Triangle" stage, or ride up Battle Mountain to Leadville, then over Independence Pass, down the Roaring Fork Valley, with a mountain top finish in Snowmass village. And then I thought how sweet it would be to be able to contend for a win in a stage like that. And then I thought what a bunch of assholes with zero integrity have ruined road cycling, and how the dopers really feel about their victories when they stand on the podium waving their flowers around and living the lie, fuckers. Ride your god damn bikes clean and let the best man win, then sleep well at night knowing you gave it all you had and did what your body allowed it to do. These were the thoughts I had when I reached the top of Battle Mountain pass before plummeting back into Eagle/Vail. And I was glad it was hard, and I was glad I'm not the fastest guy out there, and I was glad it was a great night to ride, and I was glad I earned the reward of reaching the summit, and I was pissed off at all the douche bags who can't get through it without systematically cheating, and I wondered how much of this crap goes on in the amateur ranks all because people think someone besides themself give a rats ass about where they finish in a race, yeah, the ones who think it is some type of social status symbol if you finish at the front of a race, and I thought about how cool the beginner C race was last week at the Short Track race in Eagle and how psyched those guys were to have participated and how much fun they had and that this is what it is supposed to be like, if you dope at any level, you suck.

1 comment:

  1. Very well put. All the "prizes" I get from racing, are how I feel about myself for finishing.

    ReplyDelete