BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

IN THE WORDS OF MICHAEL ROBSON.....

"My job sucks, I never have any fun" 
Of course, nothing could be further from the truth. Friday night I had the opportunity to once again be the host/mc of Cyclefest 2013 for the third straight year. Cyclefest is a fun night of fundraising which is organized by Kate Rau, the Colorado High School Cycling League director. The amount of silent auction, raffle and live auction items at this event is daunting and the evening moves fast. Coaches and athletes from the progarm speak and it's always a great evening. India Waller, who I mistakenly introduced as India "Speaks" off of my directive, was one of two great speakers from the athlete side, she then went on to win her division at the Beti Bike Bash on Sunday. Griff Wendlend spoke as well and really got the point across to the crowd with regards to what the high school mtb races have brought to his life and lessons learned.

The eve wrapped up with questions ans answers with JHK and Heather Irmiger, to National Champion athletes with huge resumes having both raced world Cup for the Trek/Subaru professional mountain bike team. I'm not sure about anyone else, but I had one hell of a time. I mean come on, sitting next to JHK and Heather Irmiger in a black cocktail dress, asking anything you want....really? Pinch me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment