BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

THIS NUT IS GONNA FUCK SOMEBODY UP..

The Eggbeater, a classic
I've had these Eggbeaters for a long time, probably five seasons worth on these babies. I service them myself as they are pretty easy to work on, however, on occasion, the bearings can disintegrate and the "little "locknut" which holds the pedal on the spindle can work itself off which then allows the "cage" to slide off the end of the pedal and remain lodged on your shoe cleat. It's happened to me before a couple of times, it happened last night at a very inopportune time while descending. The resulting crash sent me to the ER room for X-rays on what turned out to be typical mtb rash all over, bruised ribs, lower back and hip bruises. I'm thankful that it was not worse, no broken bones. I'm not going to run to Frank Azar the Strongarm on this one, but you should all be aware of this potential problem and have your Eggbeaters serviced at least once a season. The rebuild kits are inexpensive, around 20 bucks, and easy to replace. I'd hate for any of you to have as much pain as I'm experiencing while laughing, farting and wiping your ass. I'll be good as new soon with any luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment