BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Friday, May 22, 2009

TO CREEP OR NOT TO CREEP OUTSIDE MY COMFORT ZONE?

BREAKING NEWS FROM THE GIRO, CAVENDISH WINS A SLEEPER, IN A SPRINT, IMAGINE THAT.
The Koppenburg Circuit race is once again scheduled for this Sunday on the front range and I'm thinking about checking it out, however rain is once again in the forecast, but what the hell, it'd be sweet to head down and see some people I have not seen for a while, and what, race on my road bike? My steel steed? Ahh, why the fuck not, I absolutely suck at road racing, but there is a 45+ Cat 4 category which means I do not have to get lapped by all the 45 year old pros. And I'm pushin 52 and daisies at this point. I've raced in three road races EVER in my life being more comfortable on a Mountain or CX bike. But I think the Kopp would be good for my soul this weekend, especially if there is some rain, hell, it'll be a Cross race on road wheels, perfect.
One of my feeble efforts at road racing about 5 years ago, I'm in there somewhere, really.
Who's that goon in the upright position? Ahem.

No comments:

Post a Comment