BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Friday, May 22, 2009

DENVER NUGGETS WHAT?

Now don't get me wrong here, I am NOT jumping on the Denver Nuggets bandwagon, however I do find it very interesting that the fans in Denver are in a position to SCREAM the highly anticipated "Beat LA" chant during their next two home games, this series has caught my attention. I am not near the sports fan I was even just ten years ago when I followed a lot of this crap I have no control over, and my heart belongs to the fledgling New York Knickerbockers deep down inside from my youth in New Jersey, the days of Willis Reed, Walt Frazier, Dean Meminger, Debuescher, Bradley, Jackson, The "Pearl" and the like, when I actually sat in the tall seats at Madison Square Garden in my youth and dreamed of a championship for my home team heroes, and they actually won one. Well, now the Denver Nuggets are kind of in a position to do that for some runny nosed kids here in Colorado, which is cool, and from the few minutes I've watched they seem capable of pulling it off, and the basketball has been a war, reminiscent of Willis Reed and Wes Unseld beating the crap out of each other for rebounds under the basket, and I like it. I'm actually a bit interested.
The 2003 Mug Shot from the Eagle Jail House, just down the street from my home. Such a nice young man.

But there is another story line here as well which has me wanting the Nuggs to "beat LA". I live in Eagle, Colorado. This is the town you may remember where Kobe was jailed for his "incident". I also was working at the resort where Kobe's "incident" took place, you know, the one where he was accused of raping a 19 year old girl, who lived in Eagle at the time. And on top of the rape charge, the asshole was married at the time. And of course, Kobe is once again a hero and this story has passed with the exchange of a few dollars and life goes on as if it never happened. Kobe's wife got a BIG ring out of the deal and well, funny how it turns around, I hope Kobe gets it right up his ass from Carmelo and company. Beat La indeed, Go Nuggets.

No comments:

Post a Comment