BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Boulder Reservoir and the run-up from hell......

Trying to get down to the front range for the Master 45+ race which starts at 9:30 is such a stretch I just don't care to do it much anymore (boy, did I pay for that decition. Hence the entry into the Cat 4's today at Boulder Reservoir. The problem with being 50 and racing cat 4 is that in a big field of close to 90 riders, there is always a pretty good chance of a crash at the start because there are typically plenty of inexperienced riders in this class. Today was no exception as a BAD CRASH took place directly in front of me as the pack rolled up to speed. A couple of squirrely riders touched wheels mid pack and the party was on as bikes and riders went flying everywhere. How many times have I told myself to GET TO THE FRONT...ARGH!! I was lucky enough to lock it up and roll over one of the victim's bikes without eating asphalt myself, but then was dropped by the top 40 riders of the field while trying to get it back together....then the flat tire. But all in all it was a GREAT day on a tough course which included this brutal run-up in deep sand...what does'nt kill ya makes ya stronger.

1 comment: