BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Monday, October 8, 2007

So I'm suffering on day two of Frisco Cross....

Mario C putting me in my place....

and on the third lap (or was it the second?) I see this punk come flashing by me on the climb...and it's none other than Mario Chiarani (mario c), 15 years old, and racing with the 45+ crew because he has scared all the other juniors out of the sport. I'm currently running 11th in a pretty good field and as Mario blows by me he looks over as if to say "come on old man, lets go get some." At that point I'm just hanging on for life and trying to hold my place in the race as he disappears into the top ten....my only solace that I was able to ride the short sandy run-up which he had to dismount and run...making more ground on me in reality. At my age I find clutching for straws is the only way to get anything one-up on this kid at this point. MC finshed 8th in a smokin field...and may have finished higher with a better start. Nice job grasshopper. Check out HIS blog at http://racerwrenchkid.blogspot.com/



Larry G himself, either off the front, or off the back, I'll leave that up to you. At least I was not sprinting to the toilet.

2 comments:

  1. haha. well those weren't my exact words but it went something like that!

    good blog. see you at the next race!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get that kid to email me so we can set him up on the program!

    ReplyDelete