BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Monday, October 1, 2007

SURVIVAL OF THE 50TH BIRTHDAY, INTERBIKE, AND MOM'S VISIT IS COMPLETE.

Ned Overend and Dewet (Squirt) discuss technical aspects of the product at the Squirt Lube Booth. Interbike Vegas 2007. Notice Kloser and Jay Henry on the posters?

Contador signs his Tour posters.....Dopers Suck?


Where to begin? This past ten days or so has been OUT OF CONTROL by any standard. Mom arrived from Florida on the 19th and I survived that visit, a huge accomplishment, I dropped her off at the airport in Eagle on Wednesday morning and left from the Airport for the drive to Vegas. Three days in Vegas working the "Squirt Lube" booth was pretty amazing. when you have Ned Overend and Travis Brown hanging out in your booth talking lube tech because they love and use your product, as well as endorse it, well, it aint very hard to pitch the product. We were swamped with EVERYONE during the interbike show wanting to learn more about this HOT new chain lube. You will certainly be hearing more about it as well as using it very soon. If not, then you will be off the back......The evenings in Vegas were of course waaaay entertaining, and I ordered my first round of drinks at the Hardrock standing next to Tony Soprano....no shit. I asked him if he wanted my autograph...not interested.
I arrived back home fromVegas exhausted at 2 AM on Friday night, about the same time a Charlie and Lisa Brown of Mountain Pedaler Fame. They had left Vegas two hours ahead of me and MISSED THE TURN ONTO I-70, which put them 100 miles out of the way and in Provo....BUMMER DUDE AND DUDETTE. They were literally right behind me when I exited I-70 in Eagle. 6 HOURS LATER, I was awake and getting ready for the 50th birthday bash......more on that in a minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment